Diamond Stones are forever...
Or at least for a very long time when treated with care. These fine sharpening plates are coated on both sides with actual diamonds to whisk away unwanted metal while always remaining flat. This is one of those special tools in the shop that hint at perfection.
The manufacturer, DMT, describes the surface as "a sea of diamonds bonded in nickel to steel." The recessed dots provide chip clearance to prevent loading and speed sharpening. Sharpening surface is lapped flat and supported by a reinforced polymer.
- Fast - Hardest Material: most efficient sharpening abrasive. Unique interrupted surface.
- Easy - Light pressure produces a sharp edge with just a few strokes
- Clean - Use water for lubrication - no oil, no mess!
- Versatile - Hones ALL hard materials: carbide, steel, etc.
- Durable - Stays flat.
DMT makes these surfaces in four different grain sizes:
- Extra Fine: 9 micron = 1200 grit
- Fine: 25 micron = 600 grit
- Coarse: 45 micron = 325 grit
- Extra Coarse: 60 micron = 220 grit
This "stone" is available in four different combinations in this size. It come with no base. Be sure to select the grit combination that is best for you.