After 30+ years of teaching people the art and craft of timber framing, we have assembled a couple of timber-framing-tool-kits to get you started. We know that tool selection is very personal and for you tool geeks out there, this is truly just a taste of the selection of tools you may want for timber framing but we have picked some of our favorites in terms of overall use, durability and ease of maintenance.
Our Basic Timber Frame Tool Kit is ideal for the individual who owns a nice selection of tools and just needs a few items specific to timber framing. This kit includes the following tools with a 10% discount off of the regular retail price:
- Silky Zorin Timber Frame Saw
- 1-1/2-in Western-Style Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Robert Sorby or Meserschmidt depending on availability
- 1-7/8-in Slick by Robert Sorby or Meserschmidt depending on availability
- the Shelter sharpening Kit including a piece of float glass with a piece of course and a piece of fine wet dry sandpaper on either side and a leather strop
- Abrasive Powder for Strop
- Wood-is-Good Mallet 30 oz
- Extra-Long Tool Bag
- MK II Honing Guide by Veritas
- Shinwa Framing
We recently added the Shinwa Framing Square because it is extremely accurate relative to some of the more commonly found counterparts. A true square is invaluable in laying out joinery on timbers.
If you wish to swap out one of the items in the tool kit, that is possible but you need to call the store to make this arrangement. 207-442-7938