By the editors of Fine Homebuilding
Taunton Press, 2003
Soft cover, 8.5" x 11", 156 pages
To get the best results when building or remodeling, you need advice from the best professional in the business. For Pros By Pros books bring together expert designers, builders, and remodeling pros who have written for Fine Homebuilding
Accomplished roof framers rely on a variety of tools, techniques, and trade secrets to get roof framing squares to string lines, templates, and oversize saws. See how the foremost framers work with speed and precision, and discover what it takes to master the craft of roof framing.
Written by the pros who actually do the work, these articles will help you to:
- Design and build different types of dormers.
- Lay out and cut valley rafters with compound angles.
- Frame hips, valleys, eyebrows, and gable overhangs.
- Save time by using production techniques.
- Work safely and efficiently with roof trusses.