A basic dozuki saw recommended for fine joinery. Its fine teeth and metal spine allows a smooth and accurate cut making it useful for creating dovetails and tenon shoulders. This saw can also be used for cutting dry bamboo.
Gyokucho is a popular brand of professional carpentry saws in Japan. They use a method called impulse hardening to increase the durability of the tooth tips. The cutting edge is heated for 0.003~0.005 seconds by applying an electrical current, instantly hardening the surface of the steel while maintaining the flexibility inside. As a result, the saw’s wear resistance increases. The hardened saw tooth is much harder than sharpening files so the blade cannot be sharpened and needs to be replaced once it is dull.
- Recommended for cutting: Detailed work, dovetails, tenons, dry bamboo
- Type of blade: Dozuki (dovetail)
- Blade thickness:0.3mm
- Blade length: 180 mm (7 inches)
- Overall Length: 15-1/2-in
- TPI: Cross cut:26
- Replacement blade: Available (item#S-297)
- Handle type:EVA grip coated with black elastomer