The ultimate guide to improving your kitchen! Find step-by-step instructions to:
- Revitalize your cabinets: replace knobs, pulls, hinges, refinish, paint, reface, crate glass doors, make an island
- Storage possibilities: organizers, accessories, back-of-door shelves, pullout trash bins, lazy Susans
- Backsplash upgrades: mosaic tile, slate, rough stone, patterns
- Countertops: coatings, painting, substrates, ceramic tile, granite, stone slab, wood
- Sinks and faucets: buffing, installing, hot-water dispensers, farmhouse sinks, waste-disposal units
- Lighting improvements: ceiling-mounted fixtures, track lighting, cable lights, under-cabinet lighting
- Flooring: painting, patterning, subfloors, hardwood strip, ceramic, stone, Saltillo, vinyl
Kitchen remodeling projects can be expensive, but there are alternatives to a full-scale renovation. Learn how to transform your kitchen on a small budget!
Affordable Kitchen Upgrades provides alternatives to costly remodeling by supplying inexpensive design ideas and easy how-to projects that will make a vast impact on the look and the functionality of your kitchen. Covering a wide variety of projects, from replacing the pulls and hinges on cabinetry to installing new countertops, Affordable Kitchen Upgrades will show you how any homeowner can improve a kitchen. Then you can decide whether to make several improvements all at once or space them out to accommodate your time and budget.
This book covers DIY upgrades to cabinetry, including increasing storage options; countertops and backsplashes; sinks and faucets; lighting and electrical upgrades; and flooring. You'll find over 700 photos and illustrations alongside dozens of easy step-by-step projects: adding glass to a door, refacing cabinets, making an island, adding trash can slide-outs, installing a lazy Susan, applying countertop coating, installing cable lights, replacing a dishwasher, painting a floor pattern, installing ceramic-tile flooring, and many more. Each of these home improvement projects provides an incremental change that can make a big impact on your kitchen's appearance and utility.
Learn about the latest design looks and styles; replace cabinetry hardware; upgrade, or better yet, reface cabinetry; install a new countertop and backsplash; replace your sink and faucet; increase your kitchen storage options; upgrade your lighting; install new flooring, and more, all with Affordable Kitchen Upgrades!