Easy step-by-step instructions and plans to build your own strip canoe from scratch!
- Includes full-size plans for 8 field-tested strip canoes, affixed in a pouch at the back of the book
- Step-by-step instructions for building your canoe, seats, and paddles
- More than 100 photographs & illustrations to guide you through building a canoe from start to finish
- Tips & techniques for safety, repair, and maintenance
- Extensive list of sources for the lumber, tools, and supplies you'll need
An expert outdoorsman and canoe builder who has supervised the construction of more than 500 canoes, Gil Gilatrick shares his voice of experience in guiding both novice and accomplished woodworkers in building a canoe with easy step-by-step instruction.
Covering everything from safety in the boat to shop repairs, Gil thoroughly explains the whys and shortcuts learned from his experience in the shop and on the water. A Maine guide, he uses his own canoes and tests their performance on the challenging Allagash River every summer.
This revised edition of Building a Strip Canoe includes full-sized plans for 8 well-proven canoe designs, most of which are the author's own adaptations.
Step-by-step directions for building a canoe from start to finish are accompanied by more than 100 photographs and illustrations.