Farm and Workshop Welding is your practical handbook for welding on the farm or in your home workshop, school workshop, blacksmith shop, or auto shop:
- Learn hands-on welding and start repairing and creating metal equipment and structures
- Hundreds of step-by-step photographs illustrate welding processes and show the differences between good and bad welds
- Covers all the major types of welds, including arc welding, MIG welding, gas welding, TIG welding, plasma cutting, and more
- Avoid and correct common mistakes and pitfalls as author Andrew Pearce lays out welding problems section by section and teaches you to how to solve each one
- Tips and suggestions help the beginner improve and the intermediate operator broaden their technique
- Go beyond welding metals and plastics with advice that extends into the wider workshop such as on drills, cutting threads, and basic blacksmithing
Almost anyone can learn to weld, cut or shape metal. That's the starting point for this supremely practical, comprehensive handbook which, through tips, suggestions and fault finding, helps the beginner to improve and the intermediate operator to broaden his or her technique.
The ideal reference for farm, home workshop, school workshop, blacksmith shop, and auto shop, Farm and Workshop Welding even takes you beyond welding metals and plastics, with advice that extends into the wider workshop with chapters on drills, cutting threads, and basic blacksmithing. Author Andrew Pearce lays out pitfalls and common mistakes section by section, and then offers constructive advice to help you to avoid or correct them. Useful if you're stumped by a problem!
Hundreds of step-by-step photographs illustrate welding processes and show the differences between good welds and bad welds. Clear, concise, easy-to-understand text takes any confusion or frustration out of learning the processes.
Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced welder who wants to learn more, Farm and Workshop Welding provides a wealth of useful shop-tested advice. You'll discover everything you need to know to learn hands-on welding, and start repairing and creating metal equipment and structures.
Inside you'll find practical instructions for:
- Cast Iron Welding
- Pipe Welding
- Welding Plastics
- Metal Identification
- Welding Safety
- Workshop Techniques
- Drill Sharpening
- Taps and Dies
- Basic Blacksmithing