For those looking for a little variety, UCO offers the new Firestarting Kit. Each kit contains 12 rainproof, waterproof Hurricane Matches (with a burn time of 12 seconds each), along with 3 Sweetfire Fire Starters and replaceable strikers. The kits come packaged in a reusable, waterproof case that weighs just over 1 oz., making it a perfect lightweight option for outings in the backcountry.
- 12 rainproof, waterproof Hurricane Matches
- 3 Sweetfire Biofuel Tinder Tabs
- Replaceable Strikers
- Reusable, waterproof case that weighs just over 1 oz.
- Weight 1.9 oz. for kit
- Dimensions 1.6” x 1.6” x 4.54”
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.Read Important survival tips for starting a fire when you really need one: Fire Starting 101 Series
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.