Waterstones sharpen all your woodworking tools better, easier and quicker than ever before. Master craftsman Ian Kirby teaches you a series of logical steps for putting a perfect edge on planes, chisels, knives and carving tools. This is the only sharpening book that shows you exactly how to hold the tools, where and how to stand, and how to move.
You will learn:
What bevel angles are best and how to achieve them.
- How to test for sharpness.
- How to choose and equip a grinder.
- How to build a special bench for sharpening.
- Which waterstones to buy.
- How to sharpen and polish a perfect edge.
Woodworking with sharp tools is pure pleasure. With sharp tools you can lay out and cut joints that fit, and you can plane the wood perfectly smooth for finishing. With sharp tools, you will immediately become a better woodworker.