Because of shortages in raw material and disruptions in manufacturing we do not have an adequate supply of chisels on hand on a regular basis. However, if you would like to purchase a kit we can ship you all of the items that are in stock and ship any backordered items when we receive them. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Currently Back Ordered Items: Starrett Stair Guage Fixtures, 2-inch Chisel, 1-7/8-in Robert Sorby Slick (you can upgrade to a Japanese Slick), Shinwa Faming Square. All of these items are expected in the next two-three months.
After 30+ years of teaching people the art and craft of timber framing, we have assembled a couple of timber-framing-tool-kits to get you started. We know that tool selection is very personal. We have picked some of our favorite items in terms of overall use, durability and ease of maintenance.
Our Deluxe Timber Frame Tool Kit is ideal for the individual who does not own many tools and really wants to pursue timber framing with all the right tools at hand.
This kit Includes the following tools with a 10% discount off of the suggested retail price:
- Silky Zorin Timber Frame Saw
- 1-1/2-in Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Robert Sorby
- 2-in Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Robert Sorby
- 1-7/8-Slick by Robert Sorby
- Glass Lapping Plate
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 320 grit
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 120 grit
- Leather Strop
- Abrasive Powder for Strop
- Wood-is-Good Mallet 30 oz
- Starrett 12-in Combination Square
- Stainless Steel Rafter Square by SHINWA
- Tape Measure Fat Max 35-ft
- Utility Knife
- Extra-Long Tool Bag
- Sweetheart Low Angle Block Plane by Stanley
- Stair Gauge Fixtures by Starrett
- Ryoba Hand Saw 300mm Gyokucho
- Beveled Skew Chisel Set 26 mm
- Saw Bag
- MK II Veritas Honing Guide
If you wish to swap out one of the items in the tool kit, that is possible but you need to call the store to make this arrangement.