A fresh take on the craft of woodburning! Woodburning Project & Pattern Treasury focuses on the drawing, lettering, and design elements that add dimension and composition to any pyrography project.
- 70 patterns ready to use and mix and match
- Practice projects to help you become more comfortable with your woodburner and tips
- Tips & techniques to create a vast variety of dimension, shade, and texture
- Learn how to develop your drawing skills for use in pyrography
- A trove of imagery for your woodburning projects: flowers, plants, trees, birds, insects, seashells, celtic knots, and more
From the simple beauty of a single oak leaf to an elaborate portrait of nature, the patterns of woodburning artist Deborah Pompano are beyond compare.
Inside this, her first book, Pompano shares techniques for getting started in woodburning. You'll learn what 5 tips she recommends, how to create a vast variety of dimension, shade and texture with your woodburner and how to develop your drawing skills for use in pyrography.
At the heart of this book is an unbelievable treasure trove of patterns. In this section, you will find individual elements, border patterns, and central images which can be mixed and matched to create personal works of art. Or, you can refer to one of the authors complete composition patterns which weave poems and verse with imagery from the natural world to create inspirational woodburnings. The patterns cover a wide spectrum of themes including: harvest, arbor, birds and other wildlife, seaside, clipper ship, teatime, Native American, garden, floral, lighthouse, and much more.
The book also includes two practice exercises, one step by step project and close up instruction on lettering.
Drawing on nature and poetry for her own inspiration, Pompano makes woodburning easy to learn, fun, and rewarding. You will be amazed by how rapidly your abilities grow and improve with just a small investment of time, patience, and practice!